DR CRIPPEN V NED KELLY
The remains of Ned Kelly, the famous outlaw of Australia, hanged in 1880, some 131 years ago, were exhumed from Pentridge Prison in 2009 and have been confirmed through CT scans, X-rays, pathology, dental records and DNA to belong to the man himself. Hey, and the Aussies are right proud of the discovery. Ned Kelly, as a young man, he frequently clashed with the authorities, fighting what he believed to be oppressive British rule of the time.
Today, Ned Kelly is a national hero and has had more songs and stories written about him than any other.
So how about Dr Crippen, the infamous medical doctor convicted and hanged of his wife’s murder? Charged on the basis of body found in his cellar, assumed to be his wife. Hanged in Pentonville Prison, London, some 100 years ago. Giovanni Di Stefano, otherwise known as the ‘Devil’s Advocate’, uncovered DNA evidence through extensive research by the University of Michigan, led by Professor David Foran, whereby a sample of the remains found in the cellar, retained to this day, was tested and found to be that of a male, not a female. It follows that the remains could not have been those of Dr Crippen’s wife. Logic dictates that Dr Crippen was wrongly hanged of his wife’s murder.
Mr Di Stefano presented the evidence to the Criminal Cases Review Commission in London only for it to be rejected on the futile grounds that there was not any‘sufficiently close relative’ admissible to put the claim forward. It matters not to the English authorities that a historical figure depicted as the epitome of all evil was on DNA evidence proved innocent of the crime of which he had been hanged in 1910. The British authorities could not allow the evidence even to be presented for fear of losing face.
Exhumation and re-burial in the family crypt in the USA of Dr Crippen’s remains from Pentonville Prison was also refused. Need one wonder why Mr Di Stefano describes the decision by the CCRC and the Ministry of Justice as “despicable and intellectually dishonest”?
DNA evidence is actively used today by the prosecutors to reopen cold cases and achieve convictions. Why is it not acceptable to the authorities to allow the name of Dr Crippen to be vindicated on DNA evidence and the innocence of Dr Crippen to be celebrated instead of suppressing the evidence?
DEMOCRACY, OR ELSE!
Now then, has the English government learnt from the recent past? In 2003 Tony Blair invades Iraq illegally and on the false pretences of supposed ‘weapons of mass destruction’, against the advice of the then Attorney General, who subsequently resigns.
In 2011, David Cameron wages war on Libya, with the economically paralyzed UK having frozen no less than £12 billion of Libyan assets, and some £100 billion worldwide. Was it not David Cameron who stated it was in British interests to have a ‘democratic’ and pro-West government in Libya? Of course this is nothing to do with the frozen assets,the majority of which it will take some considerable time to unfreeze. Equally, nothing to do with Britain being at risk of losing out over the re-building of Libya while others move in, as articulated by former ambassador Sir Christopher Meyer.
The UK froze £12 billion of Libyan assets. The Gaddafi family is reported to have had billions of dollars of investments in London, while Colonel Gaddafi's son, Saif al-Islam, owns a £10 million home there. Against this, Britain gracefully agreed to release US$1.5 billion in Libyan bank notes.
NOTHING ELSE HAS BEEN RELEASED TO DATE.
As if that were not enough,the UK and USA are calling for the West to take a tougher line on Syria. “We will all lose if the Arab Spring turns into a winter of oppression,” Cameron said.What about that democracy that Cameron so advocates? What kind of democracy is it when an outside force tells one’s country to follow a specific political line?
What would David Cameron have said if another superpower had decided to bomb the UK during the London riots, having decided that the rioters should be supported and the government overthrown? What right does this debt-ridden country with its own overwhelming domestic problems to meddle in another nation’s affairs – of course not taking into account the pure coincidence that that nation’s frozen assets amount to £12 billion in Britain alone, or the oil reserves and billions spent on the ‘re-building’ of Iraq which was bombed to smithereens at the whim of two former world leaders, killing British and US soldiers and half a million Iraqi men, women and children for no good reason- naturally only in the interests of so-called democracy and to ‘protect’ the Iraqi public, at a cost of USD 1 trillion to the British (and U.S.?) taxpayers.
Libyan Assets Frozen:
* Austria: Its central bank has said some 1.2 billion euros in Libyan assets were deposited in Austrian institutions.
* Britain: Britain had frozen £12 billion of Libyan assets which covered individuals as well as entities. The Gaddafi family is reported to have billions of dollars of investments in London, while Gaddafi's son, Saif al-Islam, owns a £10 million home there.
* Canada: Canada said on March 1 it had frozen C$2.3 billion (£1.4 billion) worth of assets belonging to Gaddafi.
* France: France has EUR 7.6 billion of assets parked in French banks.
* Germany: The German Economy Ministry said on March 10 it had frozen bank accounts belonging to Libya. Access to money of the Libyan Central Bank, Libya Africa Investment Portfolio, Libyan Foreign Bank and Libyan Investment Authority is forbidden in Germany until further notice, the ministry said. There is more than EUR 7 billion in frozen Libyan funds in Germany.
* Italy, once Libya's closest ally in the West, froze about $8 billion of assets as part of sanctions against Gaddafi.
* Luxembourg: Luxembourg froze accounts of the Libyan Central Bank and the Libyan Investment Authority on March 8. The accounts held less than EUR 1 billion.
* In June the value of the assets held in Swiss banks was some 650 million Swiss Francs (£498 million).
* United States: The United States has frozen more than $34 billion in Libyan assets.
LIBYA EAGERLY AWAITS RELEASE OF ITS ASSETS WHICH ARE STILL BEING HELD BY FOREIGN COUNTRIES WITHOUT ANY VALID REASON.
All revenues generated by using the donate button will go into research and development of stories and information. Thank you for your continuous help and support.